Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Coconut OIl to rid Nummular Eczema!

Coconut Oil. . How I Love thee let me count the ways!!

I have been in search for a great skin moisturizer for as long as my 29yr old heart can remember. My skin is incredibly dry and have had a bad case of nummular eczema for many years (circular round dry patches on the face and body *minimum for me*) and the only way to make them go away was to use heavy moisturizers, BUT *there is always a but* I like to take very long and hot showers. . . So what does one with eczema and hot long showers get?? Drier skin!!

*SIGH*

So when I chopped my hair off to go natural this summer I started making my own hair care products and voila, Coconut oil was on thee list of must have ingredients. For a while I only used it in my hair then I moved to the face and BAM, just like that my face is clearing up!!

I knew coconut oil worked on the skin but I had no idea how amazing it was for my eczema, I thought that because it was so light weight, it wouldn't have a huge effect, I was wrong! Many of you already know about the great uses of coconut oil on the skin and hair but I wanted to share my awesome results with you just because, it's late and I'm bored!! HA!

Anywho, it has been two or. . .hmm, three weeks and I have been using 100% Natural Coconut Oil on my face just by rubbing it in really really good and my eczema is getting kicked to the back!! My skin never looked so clear. . .

And to minimize the drying of my skin after a shower, I rub it on my face (avoid too close to the eyes, because it will steam and burn *found out the hard way) before I get into the shower and as it steams my face remains oily, when I get out of the shower, my face is perfectly oiled, no dry feeling happening either. It's pure greatness!! I then rub it into my face deeply like a massage then apply my Cetaphil Daily moisturizing (10 oz jar) and my day or night is to be had.

Ihope this helps someone facing the same sucky nummular eczema problems I am facing. I can honestly tell you that it works. My used to be dry patchy skin looks fresh, supple and even has a natural glow to it!!

2 comments:

  1. I am going to try this tonight!!!! I have nummulite eczema but right now it is contained to my legs and feet!!! I'll keep you posted!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope it works for you!! Be sure to get Spectra Coconut oil brand. .it's the best!!! Br. Bonners has a sweet smell which to me means its not all natural as it shouldnt have a smell!! Be careful of using it too much without a moisturizer because pimples from too much oil can occur. . I mix mine with my cetaphil or alternate when I apply it by itself. . .let me know how it works out for you!

      Delete