Friday, July 27, 2012

Dark Knight Rises, BANE. . . . .

So. . . who by now has not seen the Dark Knight Rises? (pause) If you raised your hand. ..then sorry for you! : ) I will not put any spoilers in this because that would be wrong and I hate to read something even if it says SPOILERS that tell the plot of a new movie cause some uber-over-eager ass nerd wanna get the jump on telling what he knows about the film, ugh. . . but I want to expand on something that freaks my friends out. . . .BANE and my obsession for him.

Yes, I said Bane and Obsession. . .so what exactly does this mean?
Well I have an obsession with Bane, not Tom Hardy the British actor with the soft voice and Channing Tatumnish odd lips who bulked up a sexy 30 lbs to play the character Bane. . .but the character BANE himself. And so you wonder. . .what the fuck does she mean by obsession?? hmmp. . . <----Like my obsession with using ellipsis' instead of just ending the damn sentence. . LOL

I mean an attraction to him. . so by now you either wanna keep reading because you find this subject odd as hell and are as bored as I am and want to know why the fuck I js admitted to this or you don't wanna keep reading because I sound odd as hell. . .. . either way it don't matter and I understand. No hard feelings yo. . .

My experience during the movie was weird for me. Bane appears in the first scene within a few minutes of the opening and when I saw him my heart started to beat faster...when he spoke I became flushed (I'm dark skinned so I became purplish: p ) Why? Not even I knew at first but when I saw Bane I had this instant attraction to him. (YES this shit is creepy right? keep reading. . .its gets uncreepy, I think). . .

My girl Lo looks over at me and sees me crying at this one part (yep, shut up!) and starts laughing so I stick up my middle finger to her and she informs our other friend that I am with tears (Hey nobody touches the BATMAN mmkay!) after my emotional bout she noticed my facial expression and I informed her that every time Bane came on the screen and spoke, my heart fluttered like with excitement one gets when their crush walks past them in the hallway, back in high school. . yrs ago (nowadays I guess they get flustered when he likes their photos on instagram. . ha the new world. . .okay I drifted. . ) She saw me breathing hard and literally loving this character which bothered her. . lol as it should but I could not tear myself away from the screen when he was on. People may have found it hard to understand him but I understood EVERY WORD however throughout all the films I sometimes found it hard to understand Batman. I think it's Bale's British accent turned to American that sounds off to me at times but I always have a hard time with British accents in movies and even though Tom Hardy is British, you could not hear it through the mask. . . (I drifted again), anywho every time Bane spoke it sent chills up my spine especially when he said "This is Gotham's reckoning" whew, crazy sexy shit.

SO after the movie all I can talk about to the annoyance of my often uptight friends who find ONLY their jokes and weird quirks interesting because they are as one dimensional as a 1940's James Bond cardboard cut out. . .this bothered them and one even had the temerity to shush me when a group walked by because she did not want them to hear my public adoration for Bane. . tssk fuck off. I maintained my obsession and now I do it solely to annoy them. . .what can I say, somethings in life are just fun to do.

Now the reason. . .why would someone like myself (as wonderful as I am) find a Character like BANE, appealing with that mask on and odd voice? Well I didn't find the mask odd at all, not worst and not the best, actually pretty damn cool. I understood him just fine and loved the way he sounded all creepy and shit like a villain should, like Ledgers creepy Joker voice. I even loved his attire. .the cliche military boots, vest, that coat and lets not forget the body. I usually do not like a huge muscled man but put with the fear, power, the mask and disturbing actions that is the character Bane then it was a go for me. Not to mention I admired Tom Hardy for his weight gain and conviction to play the role. I mean the man looked like a metro sexual London club queen in February and in July his head was the size of a delicious watermelon with a body like one of those Jersey shore meat head mudafuggas. . .I mean come on, that's the dedication that I love actors to get into, literally own the role. (Which pisses me off that singer Ne-Yo turned down the chance to play MLK in a movie because he didn't think the 30lb weight gain was worth it and he has an album coming out to which he was in the gym to get his body right for promotion. . .hA what album? what promotion? dude hasn't been good since the glittery jacket video thingy. . which is also why he will never be a great actor nor singer for that matter. . .damn I drifted again). . .

so you ask, is that the only reason why I have an affection for such a character? No silly. . .of course not. I recently let go of someone I love with all my heart. A man who has been my Dark Knight. I don't think he knew but he was my protector. . I always felt safe with him, always. And when I saw Bane and his protection (kind of a spoiler but that's all you get from me) it reminded me of what I don't have anymore. I obviously loved Bane from the moment he stepped on the screen which has to do with his exertion of power, crime and control (I write crime novels so of course I'd have a liking to the workings of crime, NOT CRIME ITSELF PEOPLE, the workings of it and what leads people to do it) but when I saw him on screen it was K.J.C.A all over again. Not to mention I like a rugged man. . not those prissy too fresh looking mudafuggas. . .they look soft like pudding and I like my man to look hard like day old toast! (I know I used some fucked up analogies sometimes)

I haven't told my girls that this is why I have an affection for him because I like to see their discomfort. . lol. So fucking posh and uptight as if the idiots they seek are any better than Bane and he's a character. . .lol. (I cracks myself up sometimes)


So there you have it folks, for no reason other than my sheer boredom today I posted some bullshit blog about my obsession and attraction to a character in a movie. . . .



I mean look at this photo. The stance of power and fear, the body of a GAWD, those scruffy clothing that says he bout to get shit done in thee most violent way. . .the mask. I love it all but I mostly love the man I let go of and can't stop thinking of and for the first time in months I cling to some(one)thing that reminds me of him (to an extent because in no way was my dude a killer with a mask, although had he ever worn one during. . .ok never mind.) BUT it helps to let the heart heal. Bane is my K, period.


And I'm going to go see it again. . . (chuckle). . . .because it was fucking epic!!

No comments:

Post a Comment